Community Service is an important component of a MICH education. We strive to create citizens of the world who are actively involved in helping others. Classes choose projects to support, and whether or not to involve the entire school. In many instances, students are involved in the planning and execution of the particular project.
All MICH families have the opportunity to participate in the annual fall project to collect non-perishable food items to benefit local needy families.
Our most recent winter project was to fill backpacks for The Blue Ribbon Project’s Backpacks of Love. These bags of clothes, supplies, books & toys are given to children as they enter foster care in Anne Arundel County.
Past Community Service Projects have included:
- Water improvement in developing countries
- Oiled Wildlife Response Network
- My Brother’s Pantry Food Bank
- Adopt a Soldier
- Oyster Restoration
- The Linus Project
- Polar Bear Plunge to support Maryland Special Olympics
- Haitian Earthquake Relief
- Annapolis Tapestry Project
- Books for the Lakota Tribe Library
- Sarah’s Closet
- Pennies for Animal Rescue